Dr Alexey Glushenkov
- Electrochemical energy storage
- Functional materials
- Nanomaterials and functional materials
- Transmission electron microscopy
Dr Alexey Glushenkov is a Research Fellow in the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Melbourne. He received his PhD degree from the Australian National University in 2009 and his prior Master of Physics degree from Novosibirsk State University (Russian Federation) in 2003. Dr Glushenkov has previously had positions at the Australian National University, Deakin Univiersity (Australia) and Drexel University (the USA). His research interests focus on inorganic and carbon nanomaterials, their characterisation (in particular, by methods of electron microscopy) and applications in energy storage and conversion.
- Sultana I, Rahman MM, Mateti S, Ahmadabadi VG, Glushenkov A, Chen Y. K-ion and Na-ion storage performances of Co3O4-Fe2O3 nanoparticle-decorated super P carbon black prepared by a ball milling process. NANOSCALE. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2017, Vol. 9, Issue 10.
- Sato K, Nakayama M, Glushenkov A, Mukai T, Hashimoto Y, Yamanaka K, Yoshimura M, Ohta T, Yabuuchi N. Na-Excess Cation-Disordered Rocksalt Oxide: Na1.3Nb0.3Mn0.4O2. CHEMISTRY OF MATERIALS. American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 12.
- Lakshmi V, Chen Y, Mikhaylov AA, Medvedev AG, Sultana I, Rahman MM, Lev O, Prikhodchenko PV, Glushenkov A. Nanocrystalline SnS2 coated onto reduced graphene oxide: demonstrating the feasibility of a non-graphitic anode with sulfide chemistry for potassium-ion batteries. CHEMICAL COMMUNICATIONS. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2017, Vol. 53, Issue 59.
- Li W, Zhao X, Yi Z, Glushenkov A, Kong L. Plasmonic substrates for surface enhanced Raman scattering. ANALYTICA CHIMICA ACTA. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 984.
- Hoshino S, Glushenkov A, Ichikawa S, Ozaki T, Inamasu T, Yabuuchi N. Reversible Three-Electron Redox Reaction of Mo3+/Mo6+ for Rechargeable Lithium Batteries. ACS ENERGY LETTERS. American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 2, Issue 4.
- Tao T, Chen Y, Chen Y, Fox DS, Zhang H, Zhou M, Raveggi M, Barlow AJ, Glushenkov A. Two-Dimensional Metal Oxide Nanoflower-Like Architectures: A General Growth Method and Their Applications in Energy Storage and as Model Materials for Nanofabrication. CHEMPLUSCHEM. Wiley - V C H Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA. 2017, Vol. 82, Issue 2.
- Rahman MM, Sultana I, Yang T, Chen Z, Sharma N, Glushenkov A, Chen Y. Lithium Germanate (Li2GeO3): A High-Performance Anode Material for Lithium-Ion Batteries. ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION. Wiley-VCH. 2016, Vol. 55, Issue 52.
- Byeon A, Glushenkov A, Anasori B, Urbankowski P, Li J, Byles BW, Blake B, Van Aken KL, Kota S, Pomerantseva E, Lee JW, Chen Y, Gogotsi Y. Lithium-ion capacitors with 2D Nb2CTx (MXene) - carbon nanotube electrodes. JOURNAL OF POWER SOURCES. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 326.
- Ramireddy T, Sharma N, Xing T, Chen Y, Leforestier J, Glushenkov A. Size and Composition Effects in Sb-Carbon Nanocomposites for Sodium-Ion Batteries. ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES. American Chemical Society. 2016, Vol. 8, Issue 44.
- Sultana I, Ramireddy T, Rahman MM, Chen Y, Glushenkov A. Tin-based composite anodes for potassium-ion batteries. CHEMICAL COMMUNICATIONS. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2016, Vol. 52, Issue 59.
- Thankachan RM, Rahman MM, Sultana I, Glushenkov A, Thomas S, Kalarikkal N, Chen Y. Enhanced lithium storage in ZnFe2O4-C nanocomposite produced by a low-energy ball milling. JOURNAL OF POWER SOURCES. Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 282.
- Fox DS, Zhou Y, Maguire P, O'Neill A, O'Coileain C, Gatensby R, Glushenkov A, Tao T, Duesberg GS, Shvets IV, Abid M, Abid M, Wu H-C, Chen Y, Coleman JN, Donegan JF, Zhang H. Nanopatterning and Electrical Tuning of MoS2 Layers with a Subnanometer Helium Ion Beam. NANO LETTERS. American Chemical Society. 2015, Vol. 15, Issue 8.
- Ramireddy T, Xing T, Rahman MM, Chen Y, Dutercq Q, Gunzelmann D, Glushenkov A. Phosphorus-carbon nanocomposite anodes for lithium-ion and sodium-ion batteries. JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2015, Vol. 3, Issue 10.
- Zhou M, Glushenkov A, Kartachova O, Li Y, Chen Y. Titanium Dioxide Nanotube Films for Electrochemical Supercapacitors: Biocompatibility and Operation in an Electrolyte Based on a Physiological Fluid. JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY. Electrochemical Society. 2015, Vol. 162, Issue 5.
- Zhou M, Glushenkov A, Kartachova O, Li Y, Chen Y. Titanium Dioxide Nanotube Films for Electrochemical Supercapacitors: Biocompatibility and Operation in an Electrolyte Based on a Physiological Fluid (vol 162, pg A5065, 2015). JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY. Electrochemical Society. 2015, Vol. 162, Issue 12.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile