Dr Qiang Sun
- Acoustic wave scattering
- Electrostatics and Electrodynamics
- Fluid mechanics
- Interface interactions
- Robust boundary integral methods (boundary element methods)
Dr. Qiang Sun commenced DECRA within the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Melbourne in August 2015. He has built up a broad research portfolio on undertaking outstanding cross-disciplinary research in the areas of fluid mechanics, colloidal and surface science, electromagnetic and acoustic scattering where his expertise is focused on the theoretical and numerical aspects of these fields. In particular, he developed the robust boundary regularised integral methods for a wide range of problems, including free surface movement phenomena, cavitation bubble oscillations, Stokes drag calculations, the scattering of sound waves and electrostatic interactions in colloidal and molecular systems. Also, the revolutionary field-only non-singular surface integral method for electromagnetic scattering he developed demonstrates a powerful tool to study the local field enhancement effects due to multi-scale scattering of interest to applications in micro-photonics.
- Klaseboer E, Sun Q, Chan D. Nonsingular Field-Only Surface Integral Equations for Electromagnetic Scattering. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ANTENNAS AND PROPAGATION. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 65, Issue 2.
- Sun Q, Klaseboer E, Chan D. Robust multiscale field-only formulation of electromagnetic scattering. PHYSICAL REVIEW B. American Physical Society. 2017, Vol. 95, Issue 4.
- Sun Q, Klaseboer E, Chan D. A robust and accurate formulation of molecular and colloidal electrostatics. JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL PHYSICS. American Institute of Physics. 2016, Vol. 145, Issue 5.
- Zhao Q, Xu H, Tao L, Raees A, Sun Q. Three-dimensional free bio-convection of nanofluid near stagnation point on general curved isothermal surface. APPLIED MATHEMATICS AND MECHANICS-ENGLISH EDITION. 2016, Vol. 37, Issue 4.
- Sun Q, Klaseboer E, Khoo BC, Chan D. Boundary regularized integral equation formulation of Stokes flow. PHYSICS OF FLUIDS. American Institute of Physics. 2015, Vol. 27, Issue 2.
- Sun Q, Klaseboer E, Khoo B-C, Chan D. Boundary regularized integral equation formulation of the Helmholtz equation in acoustics. ROYAL SOCIETY OPEN SCIENCE. The Royal Society Publishing. 2015, Vol. 2, Issue 1.
- Raees A, Xu H, Sun Q, Pop I. Mixed convection in gravity-driven nano-liquid film containing both nanoparticles and gyrotactic microorganisms. APPLIED MATHEMATICS AND MECHANICS-ENGLISH EDITION. 2015, Vol. 36, Issue 2.
- Sun Q, Klaseboer E, Khoo BC, Chan D. A robust and non-singular formulation of the boundary integral method for the potential problem. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 43.
- Sun Q, Pop I. Free convection in a tilted triangle porous cavity filled with Cu-water nanofluid with flush mounted heater on the wall. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF NUMERICAL METHODS FOR HEAT & FLUID FLOW. Emerald. 2014, Vol. 24, Issue 1.
- Sun Q, Wu GX. Coupled finite difference and boundary element methods for fluid flow through a vessel with multibranches in tumours. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL FOR NUMERICAL METHODS IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. John Wiley & Sons. 2013, Vol. 29, Issue 3.
- Sun Q, Klaseboer E, Khoo BC, Chan D. Stokesian dynamics of pill-shaped Janus particles with stick and slip boundary conditions. Physical Review E. American Physical Society. 2013, Vol. 87, Issue 4.
- Klaseboer E, Sun Q, Chan D. Non-singular boundary integral methods for fluid mechanics applications. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. 2012, Vol. 696.
- Sun Q, Pop I. Free convection in a triangle cavity filled with a porous medium saturated with nanofluids with flush mounted heater on the wall. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF THERMAL SCIENCES. Editions Scientifiques Medicales Elsevier. 2011, Vol. 50, Issue 11.
- Sun Q, Wu GX, Ovenden N. Numerical simulations of blood flow through a permeable curved vessel in a solid tumour. 5th International Conference on Fluid Mechanics. 2007. Editors: Zhuang FG, Li JC.
- Sun Q. Solving the Klein-Gordon equation by means of the homotopy analysis method. APPLIED MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTATION. Elsevier Science. 2005, Vol. 169, Issue 1.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile