Dr Srinivas Mettu
Dr. Srinivas Mettu is a Research Fellow in A/Prof. Raymond Dagastine's lab at Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at The University of Melbourne. He completed his Master's degree in Chemical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India (IITK) in 2005 and PhD at Lehigh University, USA in 2012. He worked as a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at Xerox Research Center at Webster (XRCW), NY from Oct 2011 to Feb 2013. During his Masters at IITK, Srinivas researched the topic of Momentum and Heat Transfer effects from an a asymmetrically confined circular cylinder in a plane channel using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics). For his PhD, Srinivas researched the effect of contact angle hysteresis (CAH) on the movement of liquid drops on surfaces induced by external vibration. During his post-doctoral work at Xerox Research, he researched on fundamental understanding of wetting of liquids and inks on structured surfaces. His current research interests at University of Melbourne are Colloids and Surface Chemistry, Emulsions, Mixed Surfactant Systems, Atomic Force Microscopy, Micro Fluidics, Soft Matter, Wetting, Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Mettu S, Berry J, Dagastine R. Charge and Film Drainage of Colliding Oil Drops Coated with the Nonionic Surfactant C12E5. LANGMUIR. American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 33, Issue 20.
- Berry J, Mettu S, Dagastine R. Precise measurements of capsule mechanical properties using indentation. SOFT MATTER. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2017, Vol. 13, Issue 10.
- Rahim MA, Bjornmalm A, Bertleff-Zieschang N, Besford Q, Mettu S, Suma T, Faria M, Caruso F. Rust-Mediated Continuous Assembly of Metal–Phenolic Networks. Advanced Materials. Wiley-VCH. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 22.
- Ye Q, Biviano M, Mettu S, Zhou M, Dagastine R, Ashokkumar M. Modification of pea protein isolate for ultrasonic encapsulation of functional liquids. RSC ADVANCES. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2016, Vol. 6, Issue 108.
- Mettu S, Zhou M, Tardy B, Ashokkumar M, Dagastine R. Temperature dependent mechanical properties of air, oil and water filled microcapsules studied by atomic force microscopy. POLYMER. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 102.
- Tan S, Mettu S, Biviano M, Zhou M, Babgi B, White J, Dagastine R, Ashokkumar M. Ultrasonic synthesis of stable oil filled microcapsules using thiolated chitosan and their characterization by AFM and numerical simulations. SOFT MATTER. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2016, Vol. 12, Issue 34.
- Kelly MM, Mettu S, Condello AS, Badesha SS, Kanungo M, Gervasi DJ, Liu CH, McGrath RL. Aqueous ink jet blanket. (Patent no. ).
- Mettu S, Mantell DA, Liu CH. Discontinuous Layer Of Auxiliary Transfer Fluid. (Patent no. ).
- Mettu S, Varun Sambhy, Santokh S Badesha, C Liu, As Condello. Indirect printing apparatus employing sacrificial coating on intermediate transfer member. (Patent no. ).
- Mettu S, Mantell DA, Liu C-H, Condello AS. System and Method for Transfixing an Aqueous Ink in an Image Transfer System. (Patent no. ).
- Mettu S, Kanungo M, Stowe TD, Pattekar A. Apparatus and methods for ink-based digital printing using imaging plate having regular textured surface for reduced pullback. (Patent no. ).
- Kanungo M, Mettu S, Law KY, Daniel S. Effect of Roughness Geometry on Wetting and De-wetting of Rough PDMS Surfaces. Langmuir. American Chemical Society. 2014, Vol. 30, Issue 25.
- Mettu S, Kanungo M, Condello AS, Badesha SS, Sharma A, Gervasi DJ. Oxygen plasma to improve wetting of aqueous latex inks on low surface energy elastomeric surfaces. (Patent no. ).
- Mettu S, Liu C-H, Condello AS, McConville PJ. Wetting enhancement coating on intermediate transfer member (itm) for aqueous inkjet intermediate transfer architecture. (Patent no. ).
- Mettu S, Kanungo M, Law KY. Anomalous Thermally Induced Pinning of a Liquid Drop on a Solid Substrate. Langmuir. American Chemical Society. 2013, Vol. 29, Issue 34.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile