Dr Xu Li
Dr Xu Li is currently a research assistant (Grade 2) in the Gras Group in Bio21 and the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at University of Melbourne.
Dr Xu Li had a 3-year McKenzie Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Xu Li member of the group awarded the Eureka prize (2012) in Innovative Use of Technology. Presented annually by the Australian Museum, the Eureka Prizes reward excellence in the fields of scientific research & innovation, science leadership, school science and science journalism & communication. Dr Xu Li, a McKenzie Fellow in Dr Sally Gras' Group was one of the team members who won the prize for Innovative Use of Technology whilst she was a PhD student at Monash University with Dr Wei Shen. A summary of their winning project can be found on the Australian Museum website http://eureka.australianmuseum.net.au
- Li X, Burger S, O'Connor A, Ong L, Karas J, Gras S. An enzyme-responsive controlled release system based on a dual-functional peptide. CHEMICAL COMMUNICATIONS. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2016, Vol. 52, Issue 29.
- Van 't Hag L, Knoblich K, Seabrook SA, Kirby NM, Mudie ST, Lau D, Li X, Gras S, Mulet X, Call M, Call M, Drummond CJ, Conn CE. Exploring the in meso crystallization mechanism by characterizing the lipid mesophase microenvironment during the growth of single transmembrane alpha-helical peptide crystals. PHILOSOPHICAL TRANSACTIONS OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY A-MATHEMATICAL PHYSICAL AND ENGINEERING SCIENCES. Royal Society of London. 2016, Vol. 374, Issue 2072.
- Van 't Hag L, Li X, Meikle T, Hoffmann SV, Jones NC, Pedersen JS, Hawley AM, Gras S, Conn CE, Drummond CJ. How Peptide Molecular Structure and Charge Influence the Nanostructure of Lipid Bicontinuous Cubic Mesophases: Model Synthetic WALP Peptides Provide Insights. LANGMUIR. American Chemical Society. 2016, Vol. 32, Issue 27.
- Zhang L, Li X, Ong L, Tabor RF, Bowen BA, Fernando AI, Nilghaz A, Garnier G, Gras S, Wang X, Shen W. Cellulose nanofibre textured SERS substrate. COLLOIDS AND SURFACES A-PHYSICOCHEMICAL AND ENGINEERING ASPECTS. Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 468.
- Li X, Ballerini D, Shen SHEN. A perspective on paper-based microfluidics: Current status and future trends. Biomicrofluidics. American Institute of Physics. 2012, Vol. 6, Issue 1.
- Jarujamrus P, Tian J, Li X, Siripinyanond A, Shiowatana J, Shen W. Mechanisms of red blood cells agglutination in antibody-treated paper. Analyst. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2012, Vol. 137, Issue 9.
- Ballerini D, Li X, Shen W. An Inexpensive Thread-Based System for Simple and Rapid Blood Grouping. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. Springer Verlag. 2011, Vol. 399, Issue 5.
- Ballerini D, Li X, Shen W. Flow Control Concepts for Thread-Based Microfluidic Devices. Biomicrofluidics. American Institute of Physics. 2011, Vol. 5, Issue 1.
- Tian J, Li X, Shen W. Printed Two-Dimensional Micro-Zone Plates for Chemical Analysis and ELISA. Lab On a Chip: Microfluidic and nanotechnologies for chemistry, biology, and bioengineering. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2011, Vol. 11, Issue 17.
- Ballerini DR, Li X, Shen W. Thread as a Low-Cost Biodiagnostic Substrate. 5th European Conference of the International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering. Springer Verlag. 2011.
- Li X, Ballerini D, Tian J, Shen W. Thread as a Substrate for Low-Cost Point-of-Care Diagnostics. Sustainable Chemistry 2011. WIT Press. 2011.
- Tian J, Li X, Shen W. A Simple Manufacturing Process for Paper-Based Microfluidics Fabrication. 2010 Chemeca: Australasian Conference on Chemical Engineering. RMIT Publishing. 2010.
- Khan M, Fon D, Li X, Tian J, Forsythe J, Garnier G, Shen W. Biosurface Engineering through Ink Jet Printing. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. Elsevier. 2010, Vol. 75, Issue 2.
- Tian J, Kannangara D, Li X, Shen W. Capillary Driven Low-Cost V-groove Microfluidic Device with High Sample Transport Efficiency. Lab On a Chip: Microfluidic and nanotechnologies for chemistry, biology, and bioengineering. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2010, Vol. 10, Issue 17.
- Li X, Tian J, Shen W. Fabrication of Paper-Based Microfluidic Sensors by Printing. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. Elsevier. 2010, Vol. 76, Issue 2.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile