Dr Kathryn Mumford
Dr Kathryn Mumford is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Kathryn's research interests are in the areas of separations processes specifically ion exchange, solvent absorption and solvent extraction technologies. These interests range from the manufacture of novel materials, to the development of novel thermodynamic models to predict performance, and onto large scale implementation in the mining, energy, environmental and waste water processing fields.
Kathryn currently teaches into the Masters of Engineering (Chemical) program, namely Chemical Engineering Management and Heat and Mass Transport Processes subjects.
- Freidman BL, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. A bio-reactive barrier sequence for petroleum hydrocarbon capture and degradation in low nutrient environments. INTERNATIONAL BIODETERIORATION & BIODEGRADATION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 116.
- Wang Y, Yi H, Smith K, Mumford K, Stevens G. Mass transfer in a pulsed and non-pulsed disc and doughnut (PDD) solvent extraction column. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING SCIENCE. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 165.
- Freidman BL, Terry D, Wilkins D, Spedding T, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. Permeable bio-reactive barriers to address petroleum hydrocarbon contamination at subantarctic Macquarie Island. CHEMOSPHERE. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 174.
- Statham T, Stark SC, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. A permeable reactive barrier (PRB) media sequence for the remediation of heavy metal and hydrocarbon contaminated water: A field assessment at Casey Station, Antarctica. CHEMOSPHERE. Pergamon. 2016, Vol. 147.
- Freidman B, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. Application of controlled nutrient release to permeable reactive barriers. JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 169.
- Hu G, Nicholas N, Smith K, Mumford K, Kentish S, Stevens G. Carbon dioxide absorption into promoted potassium carbonate solutions: A review. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GREENHOUSE GAS CONTROL. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 53.
- Wang Y, Mumford K, Smith K, Li Z, Stevens G. Dispersed-Phase Holdup and Characteristic Velocity in a Pulsed and Nonpulsed Disk-and-Doughnut Solvent Extraction Column. INDUSTRIAL & ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY RESEARCH. American Chemical Society. 2016, Vol. 55, Issue 3.
- Freidman B, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. Effects of Freeze-Thaw Phenomena on Controlled Nutrient Release: Application to Bioremediation. CLEAN-SOIL AIR WATER. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2016, Vol. 44, Issue 12.
- Smith K, Harkin T, Mumford K, Kentish S, Qader A, Anderson C, Hooper B, Stevens G. Outcomes from pilot plant trials of precipitating potassium carbonate solvent absorption for CO2 capture from a brown coal fired power station in Australia. FUEL PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 155.
- Wang Y, Mumford K, Smith K, Ballestrin S, Li Z, Stevens G. Performance of an Industrial Pulsed Disc-and-Doughnut Extraction Column. SOLVENT EXTRACTION AND ION EXCHANGE. Marcel Dekker. 2016, Vol. 34, Issue 2.
- Wang Y, Smith K, Mumford K, Grabin T, Li Z, Stevens G. Prediction of dispersed phase holdup in pulsed disc and doughnut solvent extraction columns under different mass transfer conditions. 20th International Solvent Extraction Conference. Chemical Industry Press. 2016, Vol. 24, Issue 2.
- Wang Y, Smith K, Mumford K, Yi H, Wang L, Stevens G. Prediction of drop size in a pulsed and non-pulsed disc and doughnut solvent extraction column. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING RESEARCH & DESIGN. Institute of Chemical Engineers. 2016, Vol. 109.
- Mumford K, Freidman B, Stevens G, Snape I, Northcott K. Research & industry partnerships in polar regions science. Water e-journal. Australian Water Association. 2016, Vol. 1, Issue 1.
- Li Z, Mumford K, Smith K, Chen J, Wang Y, Stevens G. Solution Structure of Isoactivity Equations for Liquid-Liquid Equilibrium Calculations Using the Nonrandom Two-Liquid Model. INDUSTRIAL & ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY RESEARCH. American Chemical Society. 2016, Vol. 55, Issue 10.
- Freidman B, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. The performance of ammonium exchanged zeolite for the biodegradation of petroleum hydrocarbons migrating in soil water. JOURNAL OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2016, Vol. 313.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile