Dr Kathryn Mumford
Dr Kathryn Mumford is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Kathryn's research interests are in the areas of separations processes specifically ion exchange, solvent absorption and solvent extraction technologies. These interests range from the manufacture of novel materials, to the development of novel thermodynamic models to predict performance, and onto large scale implementation in the mining, energy, environmental and waste water processing fields.
Kathryn currently teaches into the Masters of Engineering (Chemical) program, namely Chemical Engineering Management and Heat and Mass Transport Processes subjects.
- Freidman B, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. A bio-reactive barrier sequence for petroleum hydrocarbon capture and degradation in low nutrient environments. INTERNATIONAL BIODETERIORATION & BIODEGRADATION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 116.
- Wang Y, Yi H, Smith K, Mumford K, Stevens G. Axial Dispersion in a Pulsed and Nonpulsed Disc and Doughnut Solvent Extraction Column. INDUSTRIAL & ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY RESEARCH. American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 56, Issue 14.
- Freidman B, Speirs LBM, Churchill J, Gras S, Tucci J, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. Biofilm communities and biodegradation within permeable reactive barriers at fuel spill sites in Antarctica. International Biodeterioration and Biodegradation. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 125.
- Li W, Wang Y, Mumford K, Smith K, Stevens G. Comparison of the Hydrodynamic Performance of Pulsed Solvent Extraction Columns with Tenova Pulsed Column Kinetics Internals and Standard Disc and Doughnut Internals for Copper Extraction Using the LIX 84 System. SOLVENT EXTRACTION AND ION EXCHANGE. Marcel Dekker. 2017, Vol. 35, Issue 5.
- Freidman B, Northcott KA, Thiel P, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. From urban municipalities to polar bioremediation: the characterisation and contribution of biogenic minerals for water treatment. JOURNAL OF WATER AND HEALTH. IWA Publishing. 2017, Vol. 15, Issue 3.
- Mirza N, Mumford K, Wu Y, Mazhar S, Kentish S, Stevens G. Improved Eutectic Based Solvents for Capturing Carbon Dioxide (CO2). Energy Procedia. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 114.
- Qader A, Webley P, Stevens G, Hooper B, Harkin T, Wiley DE, Kentish S, Scholes C, Smith K, Mumford K, Chen V. Learnings from CO2CRC Capture Pilot Plant Testing - Assessing Technology Development. Energy Procedia. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 114.
- Wang Y, Yi H, Smith K, Mumford K, Stevens G. Mass transfer in a pulsed and non-pulsed disc and doughnut (PDD) solvent extraction column. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING SCIENCE. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 165.
- Freidman B, Terry D, Wilkins D, Spedding T, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. Permeable bio-reactive barriers to address petroleum hydrocarbon contamination at subantarctic Macquarie Island. CHEMOSPHERE. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 174.
- Wu Y, Mirza N, Hu G, Smith K, Stevens G, Mumford K. Precipitating Characteristics of Potassium Bicarbonate Using Concentrated Potassium Carbonate Solvent for Carbon Dioxide Capture. Part 1. Nucleation. INDUSTRIAL & ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY RESEARCH. American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 56, Issue 23.
- Mumford K, Mirza NR, Stevens G. Review: Room Temperature Ionic Liquids and System Designs for CO2 Capture. Energy Procedia. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 114.
- Statham T, Stark SC, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. A permeable reactive barrier (PRB) media sequence for the remediation of heavy metal and hydrocarbon contaminated water: A field assessment at Casey Station, Antarctica. CHEMOSPHERE. Pergamon. 2016, Vol. 147.
- Freidman B, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. Application of controlled nutrient release to permeable reactive barriers. JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 169.
- Hu G, Nicholas N, Smith K, Mumford K, Kentish S, Stevens G. Carbon dioxide absorption into promoted potassium carbonate solutions: A review. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GREENHOUSE GAS CONTROL. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 53.
- Wang Y, Mumford K, Smith K, Li Z, Stevens G. Dispersed-Phase Holdup and Characteristic Velocity in a Pulsed and Nonpulsed Disk-and-Doughnut Solvent Extraction Column. INDUSTRIAL & ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY RESEARCH. American Chemical Society. 2016, Vol. 55, Issue 3.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile