Associate Professor Sally Gras
Associate Professor Sally Gras is a Reader in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at The University of Melbourne and Director of The ARC Dairy Innovation Hub.
Current Research Activities
- Nano and Biomolecular Engineering
- Nanostructured Materials
- Tailored Biomaterials and Emulsions
- Nano-diagnostics, nano-toxicology, nano-therapeutics
- Fermentation processes and scale-up
- Freidman B, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. A bio-reactive barrier sequence for petroleum hydrocarbon capture and degradation in low nutrient environments. INTERNATIONAL BIODETERIORATION & BIODEGRADATION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 116.
- Freidman B, Speirs LBM, Churchill J, Gras S, Tucci J, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. Biofilm communities and biodegradation within permeable reactive barriers at fuel spill sites in Antarctica. International Biodeterioration and Biodegradation. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 125.
- Van't Hag L, Anandan A, Seabrook SA, Gras S, Drummond CJ, Vrielink A, Conn CE. Direct demonstration of lipid phosphorylation in the lipid bilayer of the biomimetic bicontinuous cubic phase using the confined enzyme lipid A phosphoethanolamine transferase. SOFT MATTER. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2017, Vol. 13, Issue 7.
- Freidman B, Northcott KA, Thiel P, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. From urban municipalities to polar bioremediation: the characterisation and contribution of biogenic minerals for water treatment. JOURNAL OF WATER AND HEALTH. IWA Publishing. 2017, Vol. 15, Issue 3.
- Ramdzan YM, Trubetskov MM, Ormsby AR, Newcombe EA, Sui X, Tobin MJ, Bongiovanni MN, Gras S, Dewson G, Miller JML, Finkbeiner S, Moily NS, Niclis J, Parish C, Purcell AW, Baker MJ, Wilce JA, Waris S, Stojanovski D, Bocking T, Ang C, Ascher D, Reid GE, Hatters D. Huntingtin Inclusions Trigger Cellular Quiescence, Deactivate Apoptosis, and Lead to Delayed Necrosis. CELL REPORTS. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 19, Issue 5.
- Van T'hag L, Gras S, Conn CE, Drummond CJ. Lyotropic liquid crystal engineering moving beyond binary compositional space - ordered nanostructured amphiphile self-assembly materials by design. CHEMICAL SOCIETY REVIEWS. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2017, Vol. 46, Issue 10.
- Nguyen HTH, Ong L, Lopez C, Kentish S, Gras S. Microstructure and physicochemical properties reveal differences between high moisture buffalo and bovine Mozzarella cheeses. Food Research International. Pergamon. 2017.
- Freidman B, Terry D, Wilkins D, Spedding T, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. Permeable bio-reactive barriers to address petroleum hydrocarbon contamination at subantarctic Macquarie Island. CHEMOSPHERE. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 174.
- Krysiak-Baltyn K, Martin G, Stickland A, Scales P, Gras S. Simulation of phage dynamics in multi-reactor models of complex wastewater treatment systems. BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING JOURNAL. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 122.
- Yu L, Zheng Y, Xu J, Qu F, Lin Y, Zou Y, Yang Y, Gras S, Wang C. Site-specific determination of TTR-related functional peptides by using scanning tunneling microscopy. Nano Research. Tsinghau University Press. 2017.
- Kezia K, Lee J, Zisu B, Chen G, Gras S, Kentish S. Solubility of Calcium Phosphate in Concentrated Dairy Effluent Brines. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND FOOD CHEMISTRY. American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 65, Issue 20.
- Dokouhaki M, Prime E, Hung A, Qiao G, Day L, Gras S. Structure-Dependent Interfacial Properties of Chaplin F from Streptomyces coelicolor.. Biomolecules. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 3.
- Sayanjali S, Ying D, Sanguansri L, Buckow R, Augustin MA, Gras S. The effect of extrusion on the functional properties of oat fibre. LWT-FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 84.
- Deng H, Chen G, Gras S, Kentish S. The effect of restriction membranes on mass transfer in an electrodialysis with filtration membrane process. JOURNAL OF MEMBRANE SCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 526.
- Burger W, Krysiak-Baltyn K, Scales P, Martin G, Stickland A, Gras S. The influence of protruding filamentous bacteria on floc stability and solid-liquid separation in the activated sludge process. WATER RESEARCH. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 123.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile