Associate Professor Sally Gras
Associate Professor Sally Gras is a Reader in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at The University of Melbourne and Director of The ARC Dairy Innovation Hub.
Current Research Activities
- Nano and Biomolecular Engineering
- Nanostructured Materials
- Tailored Biomaterials and Emulsions
- Nano-diagnostics, nano-toxicology, nano-therapeutics
- Fermentation processes and scale-up
- Freidman B, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. A bio-reactive barrier sequence for petroleum hydrocarbon capture and degradation in low nutrient environments. INTERNATIONAL BIODETERIORATION & BIODEGRADATION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 116.
- Nguyen H, Ong L, Kentish S, Williamson N, Ang C, Gras S. A proteomic characterization shows differences in the milk fat globule membrane of buffalo and bovine milk. Food Bioscience. 2017, Vol. 19.
- Van't Hag L, Anandan A, Seabrook SA, Gras S, Drummond CJ, Vrielink A, Conn CE. Direct demonstration of lipid phosphorylation in the lipid bilayer of the biomimetic bicontinuous cubic phase using the confined enzyme lipid A phosphoethanolamine transferase. SOFT MATTER. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2017, Vol. 13, Issue 7.
- Freidman BL, Northcott KA, Thiel P, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. From urban municipalities to polar bioremediation: the characterisation and contribution of biogenic minerals for water treatment. JOURNAL OF WATER AND HEALTH. IWA Publishing. 2017, Vol. 15, Issue 3.
- Ramdzan YM, Trubetskov MM, Ormsby AR, Newcombe EA, Sui X, Tobin MJ, Bongiovanni MN, Gras S, Dewson G, Miller JML, Finkbeiner S, Moily NS, Niclis J, Parish C, Purcell AW, Baker MJ, Wilce JA, Waris S, Stojanovski D, Bocking T, Ang C, Ascher DB, Reid GE, Hatters D. Huntingtin Inclusions Trigger Cellular Quiescence, Deactivate Apoptosis, and Lead to Delayed Necrosis. CELL REPORTS. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 19, Issue 5.
- Van T'hag L, Gras S, Conn CE, Drummond CJ. Lyotropic liquid crystal engineering moving beyond binary compositional space - ordered nanostructured amphiphile self-assembly materials by design. CHEMICAL SOCIETY REVIEWS. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2017, Vol. 46, Issue 10.
- Freidman BL, Terry D, Wilkins D, Spedding T, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. Permeable bio-reactive barriers to address petroleum hydrocarbon contamination at subantarctic Macquarie Island. CHEMOSPHERE. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 174.
- Krysiak-Baltyn K, Martin G, Stickland A, Scales P, Gras S. Simulation of phage dynamics in multi-reactor models of complex wastewater treatment systems. BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING JOURNAL. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 122.
- Kezia K, Lee J, Zisu B, Chen G, Gras S, Kentish S. Solubility of Calcium Phosphate in Concentrated Dairy Effluent Brines. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND FOOD CHEMISTRY. American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 65, Issue 20.
- Sayanjali S, Ying D, Sanguansri L, Buckow R, Augustin MA, Gras S. The effect of extrusion on the functional properties of oat fibre. LWT - Food Science and Technology. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 84.
- Deng H, Chen G, Gras S, Kentish S. The effect of restriction membranes on mass transfer in an electrodialysis with filtration membrane process. JOURNAL OF MEMBRANE SCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 526.
- Burger W, Krysiak-Baltyn K, Scales P, Martin G, Stickland A, Gras S. The influence of protruding filamentous bacteria on floc stability and solid-liquid separation in the activated sludge process. Water Research. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 123.
- Dokouhaki M, Hung A, Day L, Gras S. The pH-dependent assembly of Chaplin E from Streptomyces coelicolor. JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 198, Issue 2.
- Yang W, Willemse J, Sawyer EB, Lou F, Gong W, Zhang H, Gras S, Claessen D, Perrett S. The propensity of the bacterial rodlin protein RdlB to form amyloid fibrils determines its function in Streptomyces coelicolor. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. Nature Publishing Group. 2017, Vol. 7.
- Chen R, Zhang L, Li X, Ong L, Soe YG, Sinsua N, Gras S, Tabor RF, Wang X, Shen W. Trace analysis and chemical identification on cellulose nanofibers-textured SERS substrates using the "coffee ring" effect. ACS Sensors. 2017, Vol. 2, Issue 7.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile