Dr Francesca Cavalieri
- Biomaterials synthesis and characterization (Drug/Gene Delivery)
- Biophysical Chemistry
- Cell-Biomaterials Interaction (Advanced microscopy techniques)
- Supramolecular Assembly of Natural and Synthetic Polymers (Structural and Funtional Characterization)
- Synthesis and modification of polymers (Biomedical micro-nanodevices)
Dr. Francesca Cavalieri is a Future Fellow in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, at The University of Melbourne. She received a Laurea degree ‘maxima cum laude,’ in Industrial Chemistry in 1995 from the University of Rome La Sapienza. She completed her PhD in the School of Chemistry at the University of Melbourne in 2014. From 1998 to 2002, Dr Cavalieri was employed as a scientist at ENEA (Italian Agency for New Technologies, Environment and Energy), Italy. She has been a tenured Assistant Professor and lecturer in Polymer Science in the Department of Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, at the University of Rome ‘Tor Vergata’ Italy since 2002. She has received a number of international research fellowships including Victorian Research Fellowship, ARC Linkage Fellowship, and the Australian Endeavour Fellowship.
- Bertleff-Zieschang N, Rahim MA, Ju Y, Braunger JA, Suma T, Dai Y, Pan S, Cavalieri F, Caruso F. Biofunctional metal-phenolic films from dietary flavonoids. Chemical Communications. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2017, Vol. 53, Issue 6.
- Wojnilowicz M, Tortora M, Bobay BG, Santiso E, Caruso M, Micheli L, Venanzi M, Menegatti S, Cavalieri F. A combined approach for predicting the cytotoxic effect of drug-nanoaggregates. Journal of Materials Chemistry B. 2016, Vol. 4, Issue 40.
- Klemm V, Mitchell J, Cortez-Jugo C, Cavalieri F, Symonds G, Caruso F, Kelleher AD, Ahlenstiel C. Achieving HIV-1 Control through RNA-Directed Gene Regulation. GENES. MDPI AG. 2016, Vol. 7, Issue 12.
- Beretta GL, Cavalieri F. Engineering Nanomedicines to Overcome Multidrug Resistance in Cancer Therapy. CURRENT MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY. Bentham Science Publishers. 2016, Vol. 23, Issue 1.
- Chen X, Cui J, Ping Y, Suma T, Cavalieri F, Chen G, Braunger J, Caruso F. Probing cell internalisation mechanics with polymer capsules. NANOSCALE. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2016, Vol. 8, Issue 39.
- Cavalieri F, Colombo E, Nicolai E, Rosato N, Ashokkumar M. Sono-assembly of nanostructures via tyrosine-tyrosine coupling reactions at the interface of acoustic cavitation bubbles. MATERIALS HORIZONS. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2016, Vol. 3, Issue 6.
- Cavalieri F, Beretta GL, Cui J, Braunger J, Yan Y, Richardson J, Tinelli S, Folini M, Zaffaroni N, Caruso F. Redox-Sensitive PEG-Polypeptide Nanoporous Particles for Survivin Silencing in Prostate Cancer Cells. BIOMACROMOLECULES. American Chemical Society. 2015, Vol. 16, Issue 7.
- Colombo E, Cavalieri F, Ashokkumar M. Role of Counterions in Controlling the Properties of Ultrasonically Generated Chitosan-Stabilized Oil-in-Water Emulsions. ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES. American Chemical Society. 2015, Vol. 7, Issue 23.
- Zhou M, Babgi B, Gupta S, Cavalieri F, Alghamdi Y, Aksu M, Ashokkumar M. Ultrasonic fabrication of TiO2/chitosan hybrid nanoporous microspheres with antimicrobial properties. RSC ADVANCES. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2015, Vol. 5, Issue 26.
- Beretta GL, Folini M, Cavalieri F, Yan Y, Fresch E, Kaliappan S, Hasenhoerl C, Richardson J, Tinelli S, Fery A, Caruso F, Zaffaroni N. Unravelling "off-target" effects of redox-active polymers and polymer multilayered capsules in prostate cancer cells. NANOSCALE. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2015, Vol. 7, Issue 14.
- Cavalieri F, Tortora M, Stringaro A, Colone M, Baldassarri L. Nanomedicines for antimicrobial interventions. JOURNAL OF HOSPITAL INFECTION. Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 88, Issue 4.
- Tortora M, Cavalieri F, Mosesso P, Ciaffardini F, Melone F, Crestini C. Ultrasound driven assembly of lignin into microcapsules for storage and delivery of hydrophobic molecules. Biomacromolecules. American Chemical Society. 2014, Vol. 15, Issue 5.
- Cavalieri F, Zhou M, Tortora M, Ashokkumar M. Ultrasound-assisted preparation of nanopolymeric and micropolymeric materials for the encapsulation of bioactive agents. Cavitation: A Novel Energy-Efficient Technique for the Generation of Nanomaterials. 2014.
- Cavalieri F, Zhou M, Tortora M, Lucilla B, Ashokkumar M. Methods of preparation of multifunctional microbubbles and their in vitro / in vivo assessment of stability, functional and structural properties.. Current Pharmaceutical Design. Bentham Science Publishers. 2012, Vol. 18, Issue 15.
- Melino S, Zhou M, Tortora M, Paci M, Cavalieri F, Ashokkumar M. Molecular properties of lysozyme-microbubbles: towards the protein and nucleic acid delivery. Amino Acids. Springer-Verlag Wien. 2012, Vol. 43.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile