Professor Sandra Kentish
- Carbon capture and storage
- Dairy processing
- Membrane Technology (Carbon Capture, Water Treatment, desalination)
- Separations technology
- Sonoprocessing (Ultrasound)
- Water recycling
Professor Sandra Kentish is Head of the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering at The University of Melbourne. She is also an invited Professor at the Centre for Water, Earth and the Environment within the Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique (INRS) in Canada.
Professor Kentish has broad interests in industrial separations, particularly the use of membrane technology for energy, food and water applications. She was the Discipline Leader in the CRC for Greenhouse Gas Technologies (CO2CRC) for Membrane Technology from 2003-2015. She was a member of the Research Advisory Committee for the National Centre of Excellence in Desalination from 2010-2016. She was the Deputy Director of the Melbourne Energy Institute from 2009 - 2012.
Professor Kentish was selected as one of Australia's Most Innovative Engineers by Engineers Australia in 2017. She has also been awarded the Grimwade Prize in Industrial Chemistry, the Caltex Teaching Award of Excellence for Training of Chemical Engineers in Australasia, the Edward Brown Award and Kelvin Medal for Teaching Excellence within the University of Melbourne and the L.R. East Medal as Valedictorian of her Bachelors Degree Class.
Before commencing an academic career, Professor Kentish spent nine years in industry, with positions in Exxon Mobil, Kodak Australasia and Kimberly Clark Australia.
- Nguyen H, Ong L, Hoque A, Kentish S, Williamson N, Ang C, Grasa SL. A proteomic characterization shows differences in the milk fat globule membrane of buffalo and bovine milk. FOOD BIOSCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 19.
- Kanehashi S, Chen G, Danaci D, Webley P, Kentish S. Can the addition of carbon nanoparticles to a polyimide membrane reduce plasticization?. SEPARATION AND PURIFICATION TECHNOLOGY. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 183.
- Kentish S. Engineering Principles of Ultrasound Technology. Ultrasound: Advances for Food Processing and Preservation. Elsevier. 2017. Editors: Bermudez-Aguirre D.
- Hu G, Smith K, Nicholas N, Yong J, Kentish S, Stevens G. Enzymatic carbon dioxide capture using a thermally stable carbonic anhydrase as a promoter in potassium carbonate solvents. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING JOURNAL. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 307.
- Mirza N, Mumford K, Wu Y, Mazhar S, Kentish S, Stevens G. Improved Eutectic Based Solvents for Capturing Carbon Dioxide (CO2). Energy Procedia. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 114.
- Hassanvand A, Chen G, Webley P, Kentish S. Improvement of MCDI operation and design through experiment and modelling: Regeneration with brine and optimum residence time. DESALINATION. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 417.
- Qader A, Webley P, Stevens G, Hooper B, Harkin T, Wiley DE, Kentish S, Scholes C, Smith K, Mumford K, Chen V. Learnings from CO2CRC Capture Pilot Plant Testing - Assessing Technology Development. Energy Procedia. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 114.
- Nguyen HTH, Ong L, Lopez C, Kentish S, Gras S. Microstructure and physicochemical properties reveal differences between high moisture buffalo and bovine Mozzarella cheeses. Food Research International. Pergamon. 2017.
- Hu G, Smith K, Liu L, Kentish S, Stevens G. Reaction kinetics and mechanism between histidine and carbon dioxide. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING JOURNAL. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 307.
- Hu G, Smith K, Wu Y, Kentish S, Stevens G. Recent Progress on the Performance of Different Rate Promoters in Potassium Carbonate Solvents for CO2Capture. Energy Procedia. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 114.
- Scholes C, Demontigny D, Kentish S, Stevens G. Regenerating Membrane Contactors for Solvent Absorption. Energy Procedia. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 114.
- Hu G, Smith K, Wu Y, Kentish S, Stevens G. Screening Amino Acid Salts as Rate Promoters in Potassium Carbonate Solvent for Carbon Dioxide Absorption. 17th International Conference on Petroleum Phase Behavior and Fouling (PetroPhase). American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 4.
- Kezia K, Lee J, Zisu B, Chen G, Gras S, Kentish S. Solubility of Calcium Phosphate in Concentrated Dairy Effluent Brines. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND FOOD CHEMISTRY. American Chemical Society. 2017, Vol. 65, Issue 20.
- Deng H, Chen G, Gras S, Kentish S. The effect of restriction membranes on mass transfer in an electrodialysis with filtration membrane process. JOURNAL OF MEMBRANE SCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 526.
- Lu H, Kanehashi S, Scholes C, Kentish S. The impact of ethylene glycol and hydrogen sulphide on the performance of cellulose triacetate membranes in natural gas sweetening. JOURNAL OF MEMBRANE SCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 539.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile