Professor David Dunstan
- Advanced Ceramics
- Amyloid Inhibitors
- Biophysics of Protein Conformation
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Novel Cancer Therapies
- Polymer Dynamics in Flow
- Polymer Rheology / Rheofluorescence
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CURRENT RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- Nano and Biomolecular Engineering
- Nanostructured Materials - Light emitting polymers - Polymer dynamics
- Microfluidics - Rheofluorescence
- Biophysics - Drug delivery
- Protein aggregation - Disease - Processing
- Ceramic Materials
Member of the Particulate Fluids Processing Centre
- Assistant Dean of Transition & Diversity for the Melbourne School of Engineering
- St Vincents Hospital
- Centre for Blood Diseases, Monash Medical Centre
- Victorian Pharmacy College, (Monash) Dr Ian Larson
- Bio21 and Department of Biochemistry
- Gelcast: Portland Ceramics
- CSL Bioplasma
- CSL Vaccines
- CSIRO Molecular Sciences
- Murdoch Children's Research Institute
- Chemistry School, The University of Melbourne
CONSULTING AND INDUSTRIAL INTERACTION
- CSL limited, Research and Development, Parkville
- CSL limited, Bioplasma, Broadmeadows
- Microns to Measure
- Betz Dearborn
- Goodman Fielder, Ingredients, Australia and US
- Murray Goulburn
- SC Johnson Wax
- Carlton and United Breweries
- Clover Corporation
- Unilever UK
- Rhodia International, Australia and US
- Uncle Ben’s Australia
- Uncle Toby’s
- Bureau of Sugar Experiment Stations
- 2 Patents
- 3 Provisional Patents
- Ng KSY, Haribabu M, Harvie D, Dunstan D, Martins GJO. Mechanisms of flux decline in skim milk ultrafiltration: A review. JOURNAL OF MEMBRANE SCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 523.
- Xie D, Wei Y, Qiao G, Dunstan D. Alignment of Red Polydodecadyin-1,12-diol-bis(4-butoxycarbonylmethyl-urethane) in Couette Flow. JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY B. American Chemical Society. 2016, Vol. 120, Issue 34.
- Hsu W, Daiguji H, Dunstan D, Davidson M, Harvie D. Electrokinetics of the silica and aqueous electrolyte solution interface: Viscoelectric effects. ADVANCES IN COLLOID AND INTERFACE SCIENCE. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 234.
- Xie D, Qiao G, Dunstan D. Flow-induced aggregation of colloidal particles in viscoelastic fluids. PHYSICAL REVIEW E. American Physical Society. 2016, Vol. 94, Issue 2.
- Bidram E, Sulistio A, Amini A, Fu Q, Qiao G, Stewart A, Dunstan D. Fractionation of graphene oxide single nano-sheets in water-glycerol solutions using gradient centrifugation. CARBON. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 103.
- Bidram E, Dunstan D, Stewart A. Graphene Oxide as a photoluminated carrier. 1st International Conference on Advances in Functional Materials (AFM). Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 3, Issue 2.
- McKenzie T, Costa LPDM, Fu Q, Dunstan D, Qiao G. Investigation into the photolytic stability of RAFT agents and the implications for photopolymerization reactions. POLYMER CHEMISTRY. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2016, Vol. 7, Issue 25.
- Tallon Galdeano C, Chuanuwatanakul C, Dunstan D, Franks G. Mechanical strength and damage tolerance of highly porous alumina ceramics produced from sintered particle stabilized foams. CERAMICS INTERNATIONAL. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 42, Issue 7.
- Homer S, Lundin L, Dunstan D. Modifying the microstructure and mechanical properties of whey protein isolate gels using large deformation oscillatory strain. FOOD HYDROCOLLOIDS. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 61.
- Babayekhorasani F, Dunstan D, Krishnamoorti R, Conrad JC. Nanoparticle diffusion in crowded and confined media. SOFT MATTER. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2016, Vol. 12, Issue 40.
- Babayekhorasani F, Dunstan D, Krishnamoorti R, Conrad JC. Nanoparticle dispersion in disordered porous media with and without polymer additives. SOFT MATTER. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2016, Vol. 12, Issue 26.
- McKenzie T, Ren J, Dunstan D, Wong E, Qiao G. Synthesis of High-Order Multiblock Core Cross-Linked Star Polymers. JOURNAL OF POLYMER SCIENCE PART A-POLYMER CHEMISTRY. John Wiley & Sons. 2016, Vol. 54, Issue 1.
- Badii F, Atri H, Dunstan D. The effect of shear on the rheology and structure of heat-induced whey protein gels. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2016, Vol. 51, Issue 7.
- Ow S, Bekard IB, Blencowe A, Qiao G, Dunstan D. A generic class of amyloid fibril inhibitors. JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY B. RSC Press. 2015, Vol. 3, Issue 7.
- McKenzie T, Wong E, Fu Q, Sulistio A, Dunstan D, Qiao G. Controlled Formation of Star Polymer Nanoparticles via Visible Light Photopolymerization. ACS MACRO LETTERS. American Chemical Society. 2015, Vol. 4, Issue 9.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile