Professor Sally Gras
Associate Professor Sally Gras is a Reader in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at The University of Melbourne and Director of The ARC Dairy Innovation Hub.
Current Research Activities
- Nano and Biomolecular Engineering
- Nanostructured Materials
- Tailored Biomaterials and Emulsions
- Nano-diagnostics, nano-toxicology, nano-therapeutics
- Fermentation processes and scale-up
- Krysiak-Baltyn K, Martin G, Gras S. Computational modeling of bacteriophage production for process optimization. Methods in Molecular Biology. Humana Press. 2018, Vol. 1693.
- Yu L, Zheng Y, Xu J, Qu F, Lin Y, Zou Y, Yang Y, Gras S, Wang C. Site-specific determination of TTR-related functional peptides by using scanning tunneling microscopy. NANO RESEARCH. Tsinghau University Press. 2018, Vol. 11, Issue 1.
- Freidman B, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. A bio-reactive barrier sequence for petroleum hydrocarbon capture and degradation in low nutrient environments. INTERNATIONAL BIODETERIORATION & BIODEGRADATION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 116.
- Raynes JK, Gras S, Carver JA, Gerrard JA. Artificial Nanostructures in Food.. Nanotechnology in Agriculture and Food Science. John Wiley & Sons. 2017.
- Freidman B, Speirs LBM, Churchill J, Gras S, Tucci J, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. Biofilm communities and biodegradation within permeable reactive barriers at fuel spill sites in Antarctica. INTERNATIONAL BIODETERIORATION & BIODEGRADATION. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 125.
- Ong L, Lawrence RC, Gilles J, Creamer LK, Crow VL, Heap HA, Honore CG, Johnston KA, Samal PK, Powell IB, Gras S. Cheddar Cheese and Related Dry-Salted Cheese Varieties.. Cheese Chemistry, Physics and Microbiology. Academic Press. 2017.
- Van't Hag L, Anandan A, Seabrook SA, Gras S, Drummond CJ, Vrielink A, Conn CE. Direct demonstration of lipid phosphorylation in the lipid bilayer of the biomimetic bicontinuous cubic phase using the confined enzyme lipid A phosphoethanolamine transferase. SOFT MATTER. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2017, Vol. 13, Issue 7.
- Soodam K, Ong L, Powell IB, Kentish S, Gras S. Effect of elevated temperature on the microstructure of full fat Cheddar cheese during ripening. Food Structure. 2017, Vol. 14.
- Freidman B, Northcott K, Thiel P, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. From urban municipalities to polar bioremediation: the characterisation and contribution of biogenic minerals for water treatment. JOURNAL OF WATER AND HEALTH. IWA Publishing. 2017, Vol. 15, Issue 3.
- Ramdzan YM, Trubetskov MM, Ormsby A, Newcombe E, Sui X, Tobin MJ, Bongiovanni MN, Gras S, Dewson G, Miller JML, Finkbeiner S, Moily N, Niclis J, Parish C, Purcell AW, Baker MJ, Wilce JA, Waris S, Stojanovski D, Bocking T, Ang C, Ascher D, Reid G, Hatters D. Huntingtin Inclusions Trigger Cellular Quiescence, Deactivate Apoptosis, and Lead to Delayed Necrosis. CELL REPORTS. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 19, Issue 5.
- Van T'hag L, Gras S, Conn CE, Drummond CJ. Lyotropic liquid crystal engineering moving beyond binary compositional space - ordered nanostructured amphiphile self-assembly materials by design. CHEMICAL SOCIETY REVIEWS. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2017, Vol. 46, Issue 10.
- Nguyen H, Ong L, Lopez C, Kentish S, Gras S. Microstructure and physicochemical properties reveal differences between high moisture buffalo and bovine Mozzarella cheeses. Food Research International. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 102.
- Freidman B, Terry D, Wilkins D, Spedding T, Gras S, Snape I, Stevens G, Mumford K. Permeable bio-reactive barriers to address petroleum hydrocarbon contamination at subantarctic Macquarie Island. CHEMOSPHERE. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 174.
- Dokouhaki M, Hung A, Prime E, Qiao G, Day L, Gras S. pH-Induced interfacial properties of Chaplin E from Streptomyces coelicolor. COLLOIDS AND SURFACES B-BIOINTERFACES. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 160.
- Krysiak-Baltyn K, Martin G, Stickland A, Scales P, Gras S. Simulation of phage dynamics in multi-reactor models of complex wastewater treatment systems. BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING JOURNAL. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 122.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile